The benefits of Contact Lenses
In recent years the technology used to manufacture contact lenses has advanced dramatically, making them incredibly easy to use and comfortable to wear.
- Unobstructed vision – no distracting spectacle frames
- Simple and convenient to use
- Safe to wear whilst participating in recreational activities and sports
- People of all ages can be fitted
- Offer freedom to be worn full time, part time or just occasionally
- Contact lenses offer a safe, effective, stable and reversible alternative to surgery
- Latest contact lenses and solutions provide excellent comfort and health
- There are many diferent types to choose from which means there is always something likely to suit you, however complex your prescription may seem.
- Corrects common eyesight defects – such as short-sightedness and long-sightedness
- More complex conditions such as astigmatism and presbyopia can be treated effectively
Did you know?
We can fit all makes and types of lenses including:
Many people can be apprehensive about trying contact lenses for the first time. Some may have heard stories which put them off or do not like the idea of touching their eyes. We are here to help and guide you through the entire process until you are 100% confident with every aspect. To dispel some of the myths here are a few facts to put your mind at rest
Myth no.1 = Contact lenses can get lost behind my eye.
Contact lenses CANNOT get lost behind your eye. The white of your eye is covered by a protective layer called the Conjunctiva which extends under the lid. This acts as a barrier to any debris in the eye but also means a contact lens cannot reach the back of your eye. It has been known for contacts to ‘hide’ beneath your eyelids, but this is easily found and removed.
Myth no.2 = Contact lenses are uncomfortable
Due to advances in technology, contact lenses are made in excellent breathable materials which retain moisture making them comfortable all day long. Although initially it may take a while to get use to them, most contact lens users do not notice them when they have them in.
Myth no.3 = Contact lenses won’t work for me
This is just not true. There are so many types of contact lenses avaliable now that nearly all needs are catered for. The contact lens practitioner will be able to access the most suitable for you.
Myth no.4 = I have a very complex prescription
This again is not a problem. At David Burghardt Vision Care we specialize in the most difficult cases and hope you will be pleasantly surprised at what is avaliable for you.
Myth no.5 = Cleaning takes so long and its complicated
No longer true! Most contact lens solutions are now multipurpose; they clean, disinfect and moisten all at the same time.